Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Time Conspires Against Us

We haven't gone to church much this winter. Fear of RSV and the flu lurking behind every corner, waiting to jump out and infect all four babies at once, kept us at home where we were much less likely to encounter such contagion. However, with the end of the sick season drawing near and warmer weather all around, we decided that if it wasn't raining Sunday morning, we would go to church! We were really excited about it, having been gone for so long.

Sunday morning came, and around 7:30 I heard the first peeps over the monitor that signal babies will be waking up soon. I got up, looked outside the window to happily discover sunshine, and jumped in the shower. At 8:00 I put the first two bottles in the warmers and headed for the nursery to get Reagan, who was being the most adamant about wanting to be out of bed. As I passed through the living room, I glanced at the clock on the cable box. "Oh, good, 9:00," I thought. Then I stopped. I backed up. "9:00? But...but...crap! Stupid daylight savings time!" I turned around and went back to the bathroom and informed him that he needn't hurry. We were so disappointed! And mad at ourselves because we knew the time was changing! I'm just glad the cable box clock adjusts itself or we would have continued our morning, gotten ready for church, and arrived just in time to watch everyone driving away.

Oh, well. We did manage to make it to church Sunday night instead, which was also nice. Actually, it was great! It was just nice to be there. To sing and worship and see everyone. Hopefully it will happen much more often from now on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daylight savings time got us Sunday morning too.....we got there just in time to hear the last 5 minutes of the sermon! At least Sunday school is afterward so we did get to stay for that. It is very unlike me to forget something like that----I felt so stupid! --Brandy