1. It's close enough to the ground that they can climb onto it easily and they don't get in trouble when they do (unlike when they climb onto the kitchen table! Aargh!)
2. It's nice and big so as long as no one is being super-possessive about space, there is room for all four of them at the same time!
3. It's a great place to build a tower of blocks or roll cars around.
4. There's a gap between the table and the wall which is the perfect place the drop things, especially if you can then persuade Mom to fish them out for you.
5. It makes a GREAT dance floor!
Actually, I've got a cute video of Thomas dancing on the train table, but it's sideways, and I can't figure out how to turn it over. If I ever figure it out, I'll post it too!