Friday, January 18, 2008

So Tired

Alas, the dreaded day finally came. We've officially dropped out morning nap! I've held onto it much longer than the kids have needed it. It was really hard to give up that morning alone-time, but I just had to face the fact that the kids no longer need two naps.

It has been an adjustment, but we are doing pretty well. I am managing to get some things done even with the kids all around me, and they are slowly learning that they don't need my attention every single second. It's a growing experience for all of us!


They get a little cranky before lunch, but perk up as soon as food hits their trays. By the end of lunch they are starting to really feel the effects of no sleep, so the afternoon nap now comes about 1:30 instead of 2:30. The only other change is the return of Reagan's end-of-meal drowsing. It's been a long time since anyone has fallen asleep in the highchair!

1 comment:

Andria said...

Oh gosh, I'm exhausted just looking at her! Poor thing. I hope they adjust rapidly, and you too!