Saturday, January 19, 2008

Clarification

Okay, perhaps I was a bit overly dramatic in my last post. There’s a reason I taught Creative Writing for five years! Sometimes the English teacher in me takes over, and I become more interested in writing a good story than in expressing the exact truth of things. Not that what I wrote wasn’t true, but just not in the overwhelming way I portrayed. I unwittingly painted a picture of having spent my younger days in continuous depression, which is far from the truth. Most of the time I was perfectly happy! When I look back on those days, my overall impression is a happy one. I loved high school and college! I’ve said so and meant it a million times, even though those are precisely the years of my life that I was writing about. I was a happy person. I’m still a happy person! I’ll bet there’s not a single person who read my last post who didn’t remember feeling the same way at some point in their life. I think everyone feels that way sometimes. I’m just sorry I made it sound like I felt that way all the time. I didn’t!

No comments: