Monday, February 1, 2010

Start Them Out Early

I'm not one to brag or anything, but have I mentioned that I've taught Reagan to read already? I find that it's a great bonding experience for the two of us to read the same books and then talk about them. Currently, we are reading The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde.


My little bookworm!


Thanks, Jim, for snapping this adorable picture! I look forward to the days when the kids and I really can read the same books! Although, unfortunately, we probably won't all have the same taste in literature! Happy Monday all!

2 comments:

lifewithquads said...

For the summer last year I bought a book on children's book clubs. It had some really neat ideas on things to do with the kids after they've read the book. I picked a book and read it first and then if I thought it was appropriate I would go buy 3 more and give them a deadline for our book club party. I thought it was a good way to keep them reading during the summer and to have a little fun with it too. Maybe you could start something like that so that they all read the same book regardless? I would think you could use any book no matter how easy. Just thought I'd pass along the idea. :0)

memckee2 said...

No matter the taste - just love the books!