Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It Just Makes Me Happy

We have been blessed with a lot of hand-me-downs. And thank you to everyone who has generously lent or given us clothes! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! What a tremendous help it has been! However, since most of our clothes have come from other people, they rarely show up in coordinating sets. And I don't need them to! Don't get me wrong! I don't need the kids to coordinate all the time. I'm fine with their outfits not coordinating! Please don't stop giving us your hand-me-downs because the outfits don't come in sets!

BUT I do get excited when the outfits passed down from completely unrelated children just happen to work out to make a set of clothes that at least sort of go together. For example, I have a set of three Hawaiian shirts for the boys. They don't look alike, but they are all Hawaiian shirts and that makes me smile.


So I was thrilled one Sunday morning as I was picking out clothes for church to discover that I had an outfit for each child that had some sort of sea creature on it! Hooray!



Jonathan and his big blue whale



Okay, I realize you can't actually see the sea creature on Zachary's outfit. You'll have to trust me and believe that there really is an orange sea horse on the left leg of this outfit. He was not a cooperative picture-taker that day.



They're hard to see, but there are turtles on Reagan's dress. And no, we didn't wear this hat to church, she just really likes it. It's a hand-me-down too, by the way!


Thomas and his bright green octopus


It's the little things, right? This is a little thing, but when it happens it just makes me happy!

No comments: