Saturday, January 27, 2007

Something Current


Okay, I'm taking a little break from the history of us to tell you how our week has been. Let me start out by saying there is nothing more heartbreaking than a sick baby, except two sick babies. I desperately dread the day I have to face four sick babies. Hopefully that day will never come, or at least it will wait until they're old enough to tell me where it hurts.


Yes, the kids have been sick. Zachary and Thomas started running a temperature last Sunday. It was low, so I thought it was probably just teething. The fevers were higher on Monday, with Zachary getting the highest at 101.6. This seemed high for teething so I called the pediatrician. I was told to give it some time and see what happened. Long story short, Thomas got better, but Zachary continued to have a fever. I took him to the doctor on Wed. and he had an ear infection! It's our first one! Antibiotics were started, his fever went away, and finally today he was back to normal. During that time Jonathan also started running a temperature, but luckily his went away in a couple of days, like Thomas' had. Throughout the whole thing, Reagan remained fine, another blessing!


I send my deepest thanks to everyone who came to help me nurse my sick babies, especially those of you who pulled double shifts! Thank you!
By the way, the picture is not current. It was taken during the 2-month-old photo shoot. It is, however, very similar to the face I had to look at fairly often this week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow- that is one red face!
It really is one of the toughest things a mother must face- sick children. It sounds like you have so much support and help though- what a blessing!

Claremont First Ward said...

I found your blog through a friends, and WOW, you're busy. I am amazed that you carried your babies as long as you did, and the total birth weights almost knocked me out. Do you hold any records for largest quads? From a twin mom!