Friday, April 18, 2008

Let's Catch Up!

Not now, Mom, we're reading!


Okay, let's see what I can do about catching you up on our lives recently...aside from the obvious fact that they have all learned to read, of course! I expect their first novel, a joint venture, to be completed by their second birthday! ha ha!





First of all, many thanks to everyone who has prayed for my niece Kallen. She is doing great! She's goes back to the dr in a couple of weeks for a "half-way" checkup. Hopefully, her cast will still be in good enough condition that she won't need it to be replaced. Replacing it means she has to be put sleep again, and we'd rather she not have to go through that again! Everything is looking good so far, so keep those prayers coming!





The kids' speech continues to improve. Their vocabularies are constantly expanding! It's really a lot of fun! The boys are all putting words together: Momma's cup, thank you, red car, more please, etc. Reagan's speech is a good bit behind the boys, but she is making progress too, and her comprehension is excellent, so I'm not too worried. She'll talk when she's ready!





Recent funny moments...





Zachary walked into the kitchen the other day while I was making lunch. He had his blanket with him. He draped the blanket over his head like a ghost, turned around and walked off, promptly colliding with the wall. He staggered backwards a step or two, pulled the blanket off his head, and turned and looked at me with a look on his face that seemed to say, "How did that happen?" He truly didn't seem to understand how he had run into the wall.





The other night, I went into the nursery to check on the kids before going to bed. I noticed something white in the floor. It was a diaper. Luckily, a dry diaper. A short search determined the diaper's owner to be the half-naked sleeping Jonathan. But where were his pajama pants? A longer search later, I found his pants in Thomas' bed. (Thomas' bed is right next to Jonathan's) I had to wake Jonathan up to put his diaper and pants back on him, but he went right back to sleep. Happily, his bed did not seem to be wet either, and the next morning he still had both items on!





Last night, not very long after putting the kids to sleep, Jonathan started crying rather seriously. When I went to check on him, I found him upside-down ( the kids, especially Jonathan and Zachary, like to do headstands in their beds...I should really get a picture of that!) with his knee stuck between the slats of his crib. Needless to say, he wasn't too happy about being stuck upside-down! I managed to get his knee unstuck, and he promptly laid down and clutched his blanket! I'm pretty sure there was no more playing in his bed the rest of the night!





Daddy Bud and KayKay headed back to Memphis this morning after a super-fun week. Jim should be home from Nashville sometime tonight. Pics of our big week with the grandparents coming up in the next post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was amazed & surprised at how much the kids are saying & at how clearly they pronounce their words. Reagan does not talk as much as the boys do, but she CAN! After scuffling with Zachary for a football, Reagan proudly held it up & very clearly told Daddy Bud & me, "I got it back!" The next night at dinner, she decided to throw her corn in the floor. She looked at the corn & then at us & said, "I did it!" Then Thomas threw some of his corn in the floor & said, "I did it!" It was pretty funny. Daddy Bud & I had a wonderful week visiting Team Wonder Quads.

Love, Mom (Kay-Kay)