Monday, January 4, 2010

The Christmas Chain Gang

Here is a picture of the Christmas countdown chain I mentioned in an earlier post. You can see the smiley face we added so we could also countdown to the day we left for Bud and KayKay’s house. The kids really loved removing a link each day. I wrote their initials on the links so we would have no arguments over whose turn it was to take the link off. (They each got a chain at preschool, but I used the other three as decorations in the playroom. I just didn’t have a good space for four countdown chains!)

DSC_0912

This chain worked really well as a visual way for the kids to understand how many days there were until Christmas. It was also a good way to practice counting! If you’re like me and not lucky enough to have a beautiful countdown calendar that can be reused every year, this is a nice, easy, super cheap alternative that you might want to consider for next year!

No comments: