Monday, January 10, 2011

Official Christmas Pics

Apparently I’m both a glutton for punishment and a stubborn holder of tradition because despite being insanely busy at the end of last semester, I still insisted on dressing the kids up for official Christmas pictures. I couldn’t help it. We do them every year! To not do them would have been entirely too sad!

We took hundreds of pictures (May God bless the inventor of digital cameras!) and once we weeded through all the ones where someone is looking the wrong direction, or jumping, or lying down, or poking a sibling, or making a silly face, or smiling creepy, or has his eyes closed, etc. (and most of those were Thomas) we ended up with this little gem:

DSC_1298

And a couple honorable mentions (not many, it’s really hard to get good pictures of all four kids at once!):

DSC_1214DSC_1434

Honestly, despite the frustration, I love taking Christmas pictures! Once you get a good one, it’s all worth it!

After the picture came the hardest part for me…turning over the Christmas card creation duty to Jim. I really wanted Christmas cards, but I just didn’t have the time to do them myself, so I asked Jim to, and he did a FANTASTIC job! I did carve out time to do the addresses, but I didn’t write a single thing in any of them. Okay, that was even harder than letting Jim make the card. I hate sending out cards without writing in them. Sorry everyone! I just didn’t have time! It doesn’t mean I don’t love you!

No comments: