Saturday, October 17, 2009

Masters of Destruction

I have some melmac (or melamine) dishes that I absolutely love! Actually, I have two sets. One was my mom’s and the other was her mom’s. What I love about them is that they are so durable. We use them every day, and I can put them in the dishwasher and not have to worry about them chipping. They are practically indestructible! Otherwise, they wouldn’t have lasted this long!

They are NOT, however, completely indestructible. Like a diamond that can only be scratched by another diamond, a melmac dish pounded by a three-year-old wielding another melmac dish will break. I know this because I now have one less bowl than I used to.

And Thomas found out the answer to the burning question, “What will happen if I pound these two bowls together?”

Alas.

DSC_2691

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the bowl. Is it one of the small white ones? If so, I have extras & can replace it. :=) Yes, our family LOVES melmac!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

A little history: The green set was actually my grandmother's (Powell) & the pink set was my mother's. I inherited the green set after my grandmother died in Jan., 1979. You were only 3 at the time so they were in our house almost all of your growing-up years. Both sets were purchased in the mid to late sixties or early seventies.

Mom