Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!


I want to wish you all a Happy Mother's Day! This was of course my first Mother's Day, and I truly enjoyed it. We didn't do anything huge because we spent all of Jim's bonus check on the backyard, but we did have a nice day. It began with cards from Jim and the kids. They each got me one and wrote the sweetest things. It was really nice of the kids to let Daddy give me the cards before they got out of bed so they wouldn't be tempted to chew them up or tear them to pieces. Then we went to church where I think people went out of their way to wish me a happy day. It was very sweet! Jim was extra helpful all day with taking care of the kids which made a perfect gift for me. Then last night our former nanny Bradley watched the kids so Jim could take me out to dinner. She stopped in Knoxville on her way to a new nanny position in Florida. We went to Wasabi where we were seated next to a grandmother, her daughter, and her grandson. She told us she was 94 years old! She certainly didn't look 94! It was her 56th Mother's Day! We had a wonderful time talking to her about all the things she has seen and experienced in her 94 years. It was a great day!


I hope all of you moms out there had a great day too! Especially my mom, who has played such an important part in making me who I am today, and all the moms who have been an example and inspiration to me as became a mom myself! Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

happy belated mother's day to you!! you deserved every second of it!!!

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

aww, i'm glad you had a happy first mother's day!!! it sounds liike a relaxing and joy filled day for you!!!