Saturday, August 2, 2014

Birthdays and Borsts

JonZReaTom turned EIGHT this year!  I can’t believe it!  And we were super busy for their birthday weekend!

DSC_0042
Birthday morning—8-shaped pancakes!  Thanks Dad!
 
IMG_0850
Birthday lunch at Newk’s and the weather was nice enough to eat outside!
 
Then we hit the road for “Borst Mountain” to visit with some great longtime friends!
 
IMG_0851
Within minutes of arrival, the boys and Andy had started a RISK game!
 
DSC_0043
Minions!
 
DSC_0055DSC_0061
Matt and Luanne with all the kids!
 
DSC_0066
Watching the Civil War re-enactment slideshow
 
DSC_0073
The best I can do…Michele, Luanne, Matt, John, Big Jim. Sue. Michelle, Judah, Baby D, Me, Matthew, Jim, Abby, Reagan, Andy, Zachary, Thomas, Jonathan, Katie, and Jack

What a crew!
 
And Jes and Lily weren’t even there yet!
 
DSC_0076
BHS reunion!  Go Panthers!
 
DSC_0081
I’m not sure what John is doing , but the kids seem to like it!
 
DSC_0082DSC_0085
 
And one of the funniest moments of the weekend was when I told two of my boys that the swim trunks they were wearing were too small and this would be the last time they could wear them.  They were not happy about this decision because they LOVE those swim trunks, but to support my decision, I looked at the tags so I could tell them the sizes were too small for 8-year-olds. 
 
IT WAS WORSE THAN I THOUGHT!!
 
IMG_0868
Don’t judge me! 

No comments: