Friday, April 17, 2009

Talking with Toddlers

Okay, first, here's the one I couldn't remember in my last "Talking with Toddlers" post:

bathing soup--what my kids, particularly the boys, call a bathing suit

Now, an entertaining conversation I had with Zachary the other night...

The kids had been in bed for at least an hour and a half, and I kept hearing this banging noise, like one of them was kicking the wall. I asked Jim if he thought it was the kids making that noise because I was surprised that any of them was still awake. He predicted it was Zachary. I quietly entered their room. It was very dark, but I could sense movement in the Zachary corner. I went over a knelt down beside his bed and could see that he was indeed awake. We had the following whispered conversation:

Me: Zachary, were you banging on the wall?

Zachary: It was Thomas!

Hmmm. So I get up and walk over to the Thomas corner where I find Thomas sound asleep. I return to Zachary.

Me: Honey, Thomas is asleep.

Zachary: Thomas is asleep and Jonathan is asleep and Reagan is asleep but my eyes are open.

Me: (already amused) Yes, but your eyes need to be closed so you can go to sleep.

Zachary looked at me for another second, then closed his eyes and started FAKE SNORING! He continued to "snore" as I hurried from the room, trying not to laugh out loud!

That child can test my patience and sanity more than any of the other three, but when he is adorable, he is really, REALLY adorable!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: